Without anyone noticing 2017 is sneaking closer and closer!
The older I get the more amazed I am about how fast time passes by!
So this week I received an email letting me know that is it time to do one of my new year traditions, which is creating my very own personalized calendar!
Shutterfly gives away free calendars every year and this is when I do mine!
So if you are interested in taking advantage of this and start early this year, here are my tips for you to create your own calendar too!
1) Go to www.shutterfly.com create an account and find on the top menu "calendars". You will have to choose between 2 sizes. The smaller size (8x11) is free (not including shipping), or you can choose the 12x12 size for a few extra bucks. I like the bigger size! =)
2) The second step is to choose a style. They have many different options for you to choose from.
3) Pick your calendar theme. This is the fun part! You can put in your calendar any thing you want, however I like to pick a theme and have that theme consistently thru out the year. Every year I choose a different theme. In the past I had a wedding pictures calendar, vacation cruise calendar, dog calendar... The year of 2016 is self portraits themed. As you can see below.
This year my theme will be me and my husband Mark! <3
4) Next step is to choose what pictures I want to include. I'm pretty much choosing my favorite photos of us and the pictures I want to look at for a long period of time! I like to do a full page photo so I won't be picking multiple photos for each moth. This also makes the process easier and shorter.
5) Upload and place each photo into each month. The website is very straight forward, all you have to do is upload your photos and create a new album in your account. Once you have the photos there you can open your album and drag and drop the photos right into the calendar.
6) This step is optional and the most time consuming so you might have to think twice before doing this one. You have the option to customize everyday of your calendar with events and birthdays and pictures. Taking time to find pictures of everybody that you want to include in the calendar is the most challenging part. The good news is that you can save those events and use year after year so you only have to do it once!
7) You can use promo code LUCKYU to get your free calendar. This offer will end on 10/16/16.
7) Last and final step is to double check, double check, double check =)
This is a beautiful thing to have it at home and/or work all year long to enjoy! It is a simple way to warm your heart everyday without even trying!
I really love to share this with all my clients so they have the opportunity to have this little pleasure in their lives as well!
Thank you for reading and hope to see you soon! =)